Saturday, August 7, 2010

When I Grow Up I Want To Be Like Winfried Rudloff!

I met some absolutely amazing people on this trip who completely changed my life forever. I'll tell you about some of the others later. But this film is of one of the greatest men I have ever had the honor of meeting. His name is Winfried Rudloff and he is the pastor of the second largest church in East Berlin named Christus Gemeinde. We visited his church so that he could take us on a tour of the recently discovered and opened to the public prison of the East German secret police named the Stasi. More about that place later because I am actually starting to tear up as I recall visiting that place.

He was a great host and very hospitable. Here he tells us a little bit about what it was like being a Christian in East Berlin before the fall of Communism. I'm sure Stalin is rolling over in his grave as the testimonies of East German Christians are published abroad. And don't forget that Putin himself was a KGB agent in Berlin for many years before his rise to the true head of the Russian Federation.

May I grow up to be just like Winfried Rudloff! May I grow to have his humbleness, his elegance, his faith, and his heart of dedication to his calling. He made me proud to be a Christian. Incidentally, his church is building a kitchen to feed the homeless and disenfranchised ex-Stasi residents of that neighborhood. His church needs $40K. If you have some cash in the bank, this would be a great investment. Contact his church
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment